Tuesday 7 June 2016

Poem Anthology




 A Haiku
A feeling of dark
Cold, shivering head to tail
The dark alleyway



Sonnet


When I am troubled my mind does not rest
Through valleys and high peaks it does wander
Through oceans deep and deserts steep it bests
In sprint-like paces or lazy saunter

Until at last it rests, in Frejya’s fields
Basking in that holy sun and winds cool
What pleasures my mind wants to seek, it yields
Exploit it does not, for my mind is not a fool

But when my forlorn mind has reached its peak
The winds slow down, the lucid visions cease
My thoughts and my peace seem so vainly bleak,
And in this dark my state of mind decrease.

Yet my mind does not rest, it feels no pain
Loss it does not feel, but instead it’s gain.





Acrostic

Cruel in groups,
Heavenly individually.
I saw them throwing stones at a lone one
Loud shouts piercing screams
Darling child, sweet child, such an innocent child...



Free Verse

What good did we see
When we made laughter with mixed pity of our fool-friend,
An intoxicating blend of the devilish desire that
Envelops man to belittle and trick one another
In eternal reciprocation.

Now his fire burns bright, almost too bright
Searing our eyes with unmeasurable hatred
Wails of the schoolchildren as they are consumed
His cannon filling up the halls
His grim face becoming a smile as he spots us.

As we died his smile rang through our minds.



Ode To The Curious Man

O young man so inquisitive,
What compels you to endeavor to such high extents?
Will you never stop dreaming as long as you live,
Climbing the steep peaks of knowledge until you are spent?

O young man, what drives you so?
Have your achievements not broken the status quo?
The untamable energy which you possess
Inspires me and puts me down, for I am so much less.

For in you I see the essence of humanity,
Which separates us from the apes.







Cinquain

Time
  Unforgiving, constant
Ticking, blinking, ringing
   An unnerving feeling
Clock



Limerick


There once was a doglet called Thom
He always fought with his brother, Willom
But one day they killed kitty,
They felt super shitty,
So now he and his Willom are calm.




An Owl

As the moon sets 
To rest for the day
And the heavy sun rises from its slumber
All awakes, 
I shy



Villanelle

The light glared in my eyes, I couldn't see,
A group of boys I wished, would go away
The lack of self esteem had hampered me.

A ball thrown at my head, a shout of glee
Were all because I looked like easy prey,
The light glared in my eyes, I couldn't see.

I walked away -I tried- without a plea
They followed me and said "your lucky day!"
The lack of self esteem had hampered me.

A knee up in my chest, a one-two-three
Brought my breath away, I began to sway
The light glared in my eyes, I couldn't see.

The principal I saw, and he saw me,
He asked me what was wrong, I said s'okay,
The lack of self esteem had hampered me.

And now as I stand here, upon the quay,
My hope feels like a stone thrown in the bay.
The light glared in my eyes, I couldn't see,
The lack of self esteem had hampered me.












No comments:

Post a Comment